Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The simple things ...

We seem to waste a lot of chances to smile each single day . Look around you . The world could be coming down to an end . It could be full of hate , war , betrayal and misery . But in the end there are thousands and thousands of little stuff that could truly make us happy . We seem to have lost the ability to see them some point along the way . It's not about the money . It's not about the fame .It's not about the academic degree . It's about you and me really enjoying our days . After all , you only get one life to live .
The reason I'm saying these stuff is that today I was talking to a friend and he was saying that there isn't one single reason for him to wake up each day in the morning .
So , I bet him he could find ten simple great stuff that happened eachday in his life . He raised me the same bet .
So , Today for me they are :
1- I had time to have a cup of coffee before my exam .
2- A friend gave me a red rose .(I don't like them red but still roses are a good cheer up )
3-I played that song "sail away " over and over again and it made me feel relaxed .
4- My mum kissed me good morning and good night .
5- I had a chat with my sister online(She is in Argentina)
6- My friend Mayosh called me .
7- Hot water came back today (YUPPIE LOL)
8- I had an orange for desert . :)
9- My uncle paid me a visit . I missed him .
10- I had time to post on the blog .
Now, does this mean I had a great day? Not necessarily . I had lots of downs too . But that's the way life goes . Ups and Downs till the end .
Hey everyone , HIGH/LOW today ?

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said...

I totally agree with you ,even in the most dark days in life you can find a very simple looking things but has a very thoughtful meanings to us ,your friend should have really tried harder to find more interesting things in his day that would have motivated him more to raise out of bed.

On the other hand even the days we enjoyed the most if we analyze them we will find some forgotten tiny details that should have spoiled our enjoyable experience but we overlooked them either intentionaly or automatically ,because those things shouldn't spoil our days at all.

As for today I am posting this comment at Tuesday 8:51 Am so my day didn't start out yet ,I may be back later tonight to tell you if it was HIGH or LOW.

Hope you have a great and flourish High day today!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger GraY FoX said...

congratulations for the hot water... and hope ur days will be warmer from now on ....
actually only simple things that make us live .. because besides those tiny stuff we are nothing but big bags or troubles and worries

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

I think about this a lot. It is good to let small things make you feel better. Like driving to work on a day that I know I will be long and tedious, and having "Rocket Man" come on the radio for me to sing along to.

It's nice that your mother's kiss makes you feel happy. I remember that one morning when my daughter was very small, she started complaining as soon as she got out of bed. I told her to think of something positive. She thought a bit and said, "I woke up alive." I said, "That's good. Think of one more." She thought a bit more. "I'm still a girl." "Well, there you are, then!"

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said...

Where's your new posts?

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger change destiny said...

nightlegend : You have a point . Every good thing is bad in a way . and vice versa .
But , it depends on how we want to see it .
When i asked High/low? i meant what's the highest and the lowest point in your day .
Sorry for the delay of the post . Been all over Alexandria this past few days.
Grayfox : i totaly agree . May your days be filled with tiny little beautiful simple things :)
Laura : well , ask her now . i think she's old enough to appreciate a morning motherly kiss now, right? ;)

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

I think she would. I'll be seeing her tomorrow, when her dad and I drive down to get her and bring her home for Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->